It’s wonderful to indulge in some delicious cookie truffles from time to time. And what’s more they’re extremely simple to make. Whether you have guests over or it’s the holiday season or just a treat for yourself and friends and family, these recipes are all time favorites.
Check out some drool-worthy recipes below:
- Salted Caramel Cookie Truffles:
Image source: bettycrocker.com
Prep time: 50 mins
Total time: I hr 55 mins
1pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ salted caramel cookie mix
Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
4oz cream cheese, softened
14oz vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
3tablespoons toffee bits
- Heat oven to 375°F / 180 °C. Make the cookies as directed on the pouch. Let them cool completely for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- In your food processor, process half of the cookies to fine crumbs. Then remove and set aside and process the remaining cookies to fine crumbs. Mix all of the cookie crumb mixture in the food processor. Now add the cream cheese and process until the cookie crumb and cream cheese is well combined. This mixture can be pressed into a ball, and will take you about 1 to 2 minutes. After shaping the entire cookie mixture into 42 (1 1/4-inch) balls, place them on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, microwave the candy coating uncovered, on High 60 to 90 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15-second increments until melted and smooth.
- Remove half of the cookie balls from refrigerator. Using 2 forks, dip and roll chilled cookie balls, one at a time, in coating. Return to lined cookie sheet, and immediately sprinkle top with toffee bits. If coating has cooled too much, reheat. Repeat with second half of cookie balls. Store covered in refrigerator.