2. Gluten-Free Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles
Image source: bettycrocker.com
Prep time: 55 min
Total Time: 2 hr 55 min
1box (1 lb 3 oz) Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
Butter, vanilla and egg called for on cookie mix box
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F or press the pre-heat option. Make the cookies as directed on box and let them cool completely. Be sure to set aside 2 cookies for garnish.
- In food processor, process half of the remaining cookies to fine crumbs and set aside; continue to process second half of remaining cookies to fine crumbs. Now mix all of the cookie crumb mixture in the food processor and add cream cheese and peanut butter. Process until well combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball, 1 to 2 minutes. Shape the cookie mixture into 50 (1 1/4-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until the mixture can be stirred smooth. Place the 2 reserved cookies into a quart-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag and finely crush cookies with rolling pin. Set aside crushed cookie crumbs for garnish of truffles.
- Remove half of the cookie balls from refrigerator and using 2 forks, dip and roll chilled cookie balls, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Return to lined cookie sheet; immediately sprinkle top with crushed cookie crumbs. If the chocolate has cooled too much, reheat and dip the cookie balls. Refrigerate the truffles for about 10 minutes or until coating is set. Repeat with second half of cookie balls. Store covered in refrigerator.
Your delicious truffles are ready.Hergossip