3. Yummiest Sugar Cookie Truffles
Image source: bettycrocker.com
Prep time: 50 min
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
2 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy rainbow chip frosting
14 oz vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
1 ½ teaspoons Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors multicolored nonpareils
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Make drop cookies as directed on the pouch and let the drop cookies cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- In the food processor, process half of the cookies to fine crumbs. Remove and set aside; continue to process remaining cookies to fine crumbs. Mix all of cookie crumb mixture in food processor. Add cream cheese and frosting. Process until well combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball, 1 to 2 minutes. Shape cookie mixture into 45 (1 1/4-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, microwave candy coating uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth.
- First, remove half of the cookie balls from refrigerator. Using 2 forks, dip and roll the chilled cookie balls, one at a time, in the coating. Return to lined cookie sheet; immediately decorate top with sprinkles, to ensure that they stick to the cookies balls. If the coating has cooled too much, reheat. Repeat the entire process with the second half of the cookie balls. Store covered in refrigerator.
Your 50 scrumptious sugar candy truffles are ready!